Murchison Falls Safari Description
4 days including chimp and rhino tracking Grade A – Fully Vehicle Supported
This trip provides one of the best value safaris for those who want to enjoy walking and seeking out animals on foot as well as a game drive and a boat game-viewing trip with a little energetic walking.
For those who are already in Kampala and would like the safari only (NO transfers) see our pricing list.
- Arrive Entebbe where you will be met and transferred to Kampala for overnight in Backpackers Hostel
- Depart Backpackers Hostel at 8:00am sharp and drive to Murchison Falls National Park.
- Stop over at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for Rhino trekking which take approximately 1-2 hours.
- After the trekking we will head on down to take a nature walk down to the Karuma Falls the Victoria nile, the falls are set in a forested valley with a variety of bird life, monkeys and monitor lizards. After lunch we will head on to Murchison Falls Safari camp for dinner and overnight. Shared tents
- Get up at 6am for breakfast so that by 7am everyone is ready to start off on the game drive. Giraffe, antelope, elephant and a great variatey of birdlife can be seen as you travel across the park towards Lake Albert. Here you will see hundreds of hippos lazing in the waters. You will often find a group of lions resting under a tree after a long night’s hunting. The game drive normally finishes at about 12.30pm after which you check-in to Parra Safari Lodge to have lunch and then head on for your afternoon boat cruise. 2:00pm board the boat for the trip up the river where you are sure to see many hippos, crocodiles, elephants, buffalos, bush pigs, and monkeys. When the boat gets to the falls you get off and walk up to the top of the falls. The scenery is stunning. When you get to the top you may sit for some time and take-in the beautiful scenery while waiting for the sun to set over the River Nile.
- Meanwhile the driver will have driven around to the top of the falls where he will meet the ranger and walk to meet you. Head back to pleasant wood cabins for overnight. (Dinner is NOT provided)
- Get up at 6.00am and have breakfast then at 7am drive down to Budongo forest for a chimp tracking session. The guides are fantastic and have a good knowledge of the forest with many stories to tell.
- After returning for lunch we head off back to Entebbe or to Hoima for those who will be continuing with the safari.
Prices of Murchison Falls Safari
Prices shown are per person in US$’s
|1 person US$ 1227|
|2 persons US$ 1080|
|3 persons US$ 1080|
|4 persons US$ 702|
|5 persons US$ 684|
|6+ persons US$ 664|
Budget Price Includes:
- Airport transfers
- All park fees
- Transportation in a 4 WD safari vehicle with opening roof hatches for maximum game viewing
- Services of a professional English speaking driver/guide
- Chimp trekking
- Boat cruise
- Nature walk
- Accommodation – meals as per above itinerary
Not included in Price:
- International flights
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending
- Accommodation before/after the trek (this can be arranaged if required)
- Tips for the staff
For those who wish to meet in Kampala (No Transfers or hotel) See prices are below:
|1 person US$ 1133|
|2 persons US$ 1033|
|3 persons US$ 679|
|4 persons US$ 667|
|5 persons US$ 649|
|6+ persons US$ 631|