Gorilla Trekking Safari Description
5 days including chimp trek in Kyarumba Gorge. Grade B-C Vehicle Supported Trekking
Arguably the ultimate wild animal encounter! This is also quite a demanding trek in difficult terrain, often in humid and rainy conditions.
For those of you who wish to meet in Kasese and do not require airport transfers see our pricing options
Itinerary of Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Arrive Entebbe where you will be met and transferred to Kasese for overnight B&B
- Depart to Queen Elizabeth National Park after breakfast. On the way we can stop over on the Equator for a few photos and then proceed for lunch in the park.
- We will have an afternoon relaxing.
- Dinner and overnight Mweya Hostel (full-board) transfer hour 3 hours.
- Early morning game drive which starts at 6:30am to view the game in the park like Elephants, hippos, bushbacks, water bucks, kobs, lions and many more.
- After the game drive you will head off for breakfast and mean while resting to get ready for the afternoon boat cruise.
- Lunch will be at 1pm after which you will leave for a boat cruise at 2:30 pm to see the game on the banks of the lake. Bird watchers its great experience because birds are all over the banks.
- Dinner and night Mweya Hostel. (full-board)
- Early morning excursion to Kyambura Gorge for the chimp trekking session which starts at 8.00am, the chimp walk is so enchanting with a fresh smell of the forest in search for the chimpanzees.
- After the trekking session we will have a quick breakfast in order to head off and be in time with the afternoon game drive at Isasha to view the tree climbing lions.
- Lunch will be in Kihihi after which you will head off to Bwindi Impenetrable national park.
- Dinner and night at Buhoma Community Rest Camp in Bwindi (full-board).
- Early morning breakfast with packed picnic lunch and 6am start driving to head on to the starting point in order to report to at the park offices for briefing about gorilla trekking and at 8.30am leave for gorilla trekking. It usually takes 4-8 hours of hiking in the mountains in search for gorillas, it’s really a great and unique experience to see the lovely primates feeding and spending a full hour with the tourists. Incase you come back earlier you will have an afternoon village walk to experience how the local people lead there lives in Bwindi.
- Coming back in the evening for refreshment dinner and over night. Buhoma Community Rest Camp (full-board).
- Early morning breakfast so that by 9am we leave for Kampala with a stop-over for lunch in either Mbarara or Fort Portal, arrive Entebbe by 6.30pm.
- Transfer 10-12 hours.
Prices of Gorilla Trekking Safari
Prices shown are per person in US$’s
|1 person US$ 2925|
|2 persons US$ 2350|
|3 persons US$ 2150|
|4 persons US$ 1980|
|5 persons US$ 1865|
|6+ persons US$ 1845|
Budget Price Includes:
- All meals on trek
- Accommodation as per the programme
- Transport on trek
- Gorilla permit
- Chimp permit
- Boat cruises
- Game drive
- Park entry fees
Not included in Price:
- International flights
- Personal insurance
- Personal equipment
- Personal spending
- Accommodation before/after the trek (this can be arranaged if required)
- Tips for the staff
For those who wish to meet at Kasese for the safari only pricing is as follows:
|1 person US$ 2810|
|2 persons US$ 2300|
|3 persons US$ 2100|
|4 persons US$ 1950|
|5 persons US$ 1830|
|6+ persons US$ 1810|