Murchison Falls Safari Description
4 days including chimp and rhino tracking Grade A – Fully Vehicle Supported
This trip provides one of the best value safaris for those who want to enjoy walking and seeking out animals on foot as well as a game drive and a boat game-viewing trip with a little energetic walking.
For those that wish to meet in Kampala for the 3 day safari itinerary see our Pricing page
Itinerary of Murchison Falls Safari
- Arrive Entebbe where you will be met and transferred to Kampala for overnight at the Humuru Resort
- Depart Backpackers Hostel at 8:00am sharp and drive to Murchison Falls National Park. Stop over at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for Rhino trekking which take approximately 1-2 hours.
- After the trekking we will head on down to take a nature walk down to the Karuma Falls the Victoria nile, the falls are set in a forested valley with a variety of bird life, monkeys and monitor lizards.
- After lunch we will head on to Chobe Safari Lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Get up at 6am for breakfast so that by 7am everyone is ready to start off on the game drive. Giraffe, antelope, elephant and a great variety of birdlife can be seen as you travel across the park towards Lake Albert. Here you will see hundreds of hippos lazing in the waters. You will often find a group of lions resting under a tree after a long night’s hunting. The game drive normally finishes at about 12.30pm after which you check-in to Parra Safari Lodge to have lunch and then head on for your afternoon boat cruise. 2:00pm board the boat for the trip up the river where you are sure to see many hippos, crocodiles, elephants, buffalos, bush pigs, and monkeys. When the boat gets to the falls you get off and walk up to the top of the falls. The scenery is stunning. When you get to the top you may sit for some time and take-in the beautiful scenery while waiting for the sun to set over the River Nile. Meanwhile the driver will have driven around to the top of the falls where he will meet the ranger and walk to meet you.
- Head back to the lodge for dinner and overnight. (full board)
- Get up at 6.00am and have breakfast then at 7am drive down to Budongo forest for a chimp tracking session. The guides are fantastic and have a good knowledge of the forest with many stories to t tell.
- After returning for lunch we head off back to Entebbe or to Hoima for those who will be continuing with the safari.
Prices of Murchison Falls Luxury Safari
Prices shown are per person in US$’s
|1 person US$ 2400|
|2 persons US$ 1710|
|3 persons US$ 1535|
|4 persons US$ 1475|
|5 persons US$ 1415|
|6+ persons US$ 1415|
Luxury Price Includes:
- Airport transfers
- All park fees
- Unlimited game drives
- Transportation in a 4 WD safari vehicle with opening roof hatches for maximum game viewing
- Services of a professional English speaking driver/guide
- Chimp trekking
- Boat cruise
- Nature walk
- Full board accommodation
Not included in Price:
- International flights
- Personal insurance
- Personal spending
- Accommodation before/after the trek (this can be arranaged if required)
- Tips for the staff
For those wishing to meet in Kampala for the 3 day safari option pricing as follows:
|1 person US$ 2305|
|2 persons US$ 1665|
|3 persons US$ 1500|
|4 persons US$ 1440|
|5 persons US$ 1380|
|6+ persons US$ 1380|